BORN IN JO’BURG, RAISED IN PE, BORN AGAIN IN LONDON
Working at HTB, London in 2001, I was exposed to various Christian resources. I came to an understanding of who God is and what He has done for us.
I first experienced the Holy Spirit at an Alpha Weekend and continue to see the work of God in my life. As I pursue Him, He continues to transform me into His image by renewing my mind, conforming me to the character of Christ, and encouraging me to act in obedience to His will. Discipled through a global network of leaders and teachers, I continue to work out my salvation within my local church family at Harvest COTN.
I am husband of one wife, Sarah, and father of two children, Joshua and Eden.
My vision is to Communicate Kingdom through creative teaching tools, events, productions and strategic thinking, to activate the next generation of Christ followers, recognized, raised, released and resourced, to be Kingdom leaders for His glory. My prayer is that I may be stirred by bold and courageous faith in action to see God move mightily in our generation.
Knowing our identity, who we are and whose we are, and our vision and destiny, where we are going and what we should do with our lives, is one of the greatest gifts that God can give us. The Acts of the Apostles is one of my favorite books of the Bible – because, despite being a deep thinker, I generally prefer action over philosophy, verbs over nouns – action trumps everything. I believe that our actions, as the body of Christ, have the potential to be the greatest media tool or message carrier to deliver the good news of the Gospel. Over several years of personality and gifts assessment, I have come to discover my personal vision and how God has wired me to activate it…
A.C.T.S. MEDIA COMMUNICATING KINGDOM
Admin Assist | Creative Comms | Teaching Tools | Strategic Service
To Communicate Kingdom through creative teaching tools, events, productions and strategic thinking, to activate the next generation of Christ followers, raised, released and resourced, to be Kingdom leaders for His glory.
Ideas have consequences. “I think therefore I am” is true in the sense that what I think effects my actions. Romans 12:2 ESV says
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
These are some of the ideas, words and phrases that have shaped my thinking and behavior.
- Christ-centered Jesus. By him. Through him. For him. In him all things hold together.
- Bible Based Truth. Authority. Instruction. Principles.
- Spirit Led. Truth. Power. Guidance. Gifts.
- Family People The core of culture and community.
- Kingdom Mission Take Dominon. Influence Society. Transform Culture.
- Faith Action Faith without works is dead.
- Team Ministry Every Part Playing their Part.
- Excellence Focus. Simplify. Plan.
- Celebration Joy and Victory in Him.
- Character Passion. Humility. Honour. Vulnerability. Integrity.
- Creativity Innovation. Details. Diversity.
- Servant Leadership Example. Model. Imitate the life of Christ.
- Abiding Prayer In Him. Live. Move. Be. Partner.
- Bold Obedience Courageous Confidence in Christ. Lordship. Hear. Act. He is with us wherever we go.
- Extravagant Love For God and People.
- Victorious Lifestyle Live the abundant life He has promised.
- Experiential Learning Try. Fail. Learn. Try Again.
- Participatory Teaching Learning together. Iron sharpens iron.
- Image-Rich Communication Branding. Illustrations. Association.
- Connective Events Why else would we gather?
- Strategic Thinking Know where and why we’re going. Whole to part.
- Sovereign Stewardship Sowing and Reaping. Giving Generously. Tapping into the source of All.
- Growth Multiplication Bearing Fruit that lasts.
- Lifestyle Worship Monday to Sunday. Forever. In all things.
- Intimate Fellowship Food is key in family.
- Intentional Discipleship Go on purpose. Followers don’t follow by accident they are called.
- Spontaneous Ministry Taking every opportunity to minister in every moment.
- Practical Evangelism Made for a mission. Heart to Head to Hand.
Media is value neutral, literally anything or anyone can be used as a vehicle to deliver a message, to carry our vision and values to others. Jesus has entrusted to us His Message of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:18-20 ESV says,
All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
We should be willing to use any tool available to us to get Christ’s message of reconciliation clear and to get it out. These are the vehicles I’ve come to favor;
Design. Graphic. Print. Web. Social Media. Editing. Production. Events. Audio. Video. Décor. Write. Blog. Read. Photograph. Art. Paint. Play. Listen. Groups. Celebrations. Events. Teams. Welcome. Worship. Word. Works. Coffee…
Words Matter. Let me know if I spell any wrong. READ
HARVEST YOUNG ADULTS
BE BOLD AND COURAGEOUS FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD IS WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO.
Every year we build on the focus that God lays on our hearts. In 2012, we were stirred by Steven Furtick’s message SUN STAND STILL to Activate our Audacious Faith, but in our stepping out we were also reminded to ABIDE by Tapping into the Source of All. In 2013, we were recommissioned by Francis Chan and David Platt’s MULTIPLY MOVEMENT to be Disciples who Make Disciples and to multiply through the greatest mission on the face of the earth, The Great Commission. In 2014, we learnt the THE ART OF CELEBRATION and the privilege we have to Celebrate the Joy and Victory in Christ. In 2015, we were reminded that we are a small part of God’s big story and that together our stories form beautiful MOSAIC MEMOIRS of His grand story with Every Part Playing Their Part. In 2016, we trusted God to cause us to GROW spiritually and physically through Sovereign Stewardship – His sovereign will and our faithful stewardship of all that He has entrusted to us.
In 2017, we are looking to REACH those who are far from God and to reach across to bridge that which divides us. 2 Peter 3:9 ESV says
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.
To recognize, raise, release and resource the potential of every member, tool and ministry available to us in a focused effort.
- RECOGNIZE the potential in every member and ministry gift.
- RAISE leaders through delegated responsibility and ownership.
- RELEASE sons and daughters by sowing them and planting new groups
- RESOURCE teams with teaching tools, strategic ideas and prayer.
GREAT COMMANDMENT Matthew 22:36-40
- Purpose #1 You Were Planned for God’s Pleasure. Lifestyle Worship – Love God Extravagantly!
- Purpose #2 You Were Formed for God’s Family. Intimate Fellowship – Love People Extravagantly!
- Purpose #3 You Were Created to Become Like Christ. Intentional Discipleship – Live Victoriously | Disciple the Found to Victory and Impart Victorious Lifestyle. Build our Core Teams in unity and character.
GREAT COMMISSION Matthew 28:18-20
- Purpose #4 You Were Shaped for Serving God. Spontaneous Ministry – Be a Resource to Others. A source of blessing in prayer, service, care and giving.
- Purpose #5: You Were Made for a Mission. Practical Evangelism – Touch the World | Draw the Lost to Christ | Grow Church. Community outreach – Invite friends.
Our generation is a cause driven one focusing on getting involved in various social justice issues. The Gospel of Jesus Christ and His Kingdom is the greatest cause we can live for. When we lift up the cause and mission of Jesus in peoples lives – external behaviour is sorted out by internal heart change. The Holy Spirit transforms us from the heart to the head to the hand. Jesus draws us to Himself, renews our hearts and commissions us to go and make disciples of all nations.
Faith without works is dead. Get Active…
MISSIONS PARTNERS I LOVE
RECOMMENDED RESOURCES, LEADERS I LEARN FROM, MUSIC AND MESSAGES
I love promoting those who advance the Kingdom through Worship and Word – Preaching and Praise.
CREATIVE STRATEGIC LEADERS, RESOURCES + PARTNERS
Willow Creek – Bill Hybels | Willow Creek SA | Global Leadership Summit | Steven Furtick | Elevation Church | Life Church – Craig Groeshel | Saddleback – Rick Warren | Pastors.com | Small Group Network | The Daniel Plan | North Point – Andy Stanely | Passing the Baton – Jeff Meyers | Jentezen Franklin – Fasting | Timothy Keller | Francis Chan | Passion City Church – Louis Giglio | HTB – Nicky Gumbel | Soul Survivor – Mike Pilivachi | Alpha Course | Harvest COTN | Church of the Nations | Hillsong | Bethel Redding | Ravi Zacharias | The Truth Project – Del Taggert | YouVersion | Open Network | bible.com | biblegateway.com |
MUSIC AND MEDIA
Elevation Worship |Hillsong Music | Hillsong United | Worship Central | Bethel Music | Burn 24-7 Movement | Passion Conference | Skit Guys | Igniter Media | Share Faith | Dan Stevers | Worship House Media | Sermon Search |